4.5 X 7.5
Stock #: 11-12028
ISBN : 978-1-60831-614-4
The Best-Selling Nursing Drug Reference - More Than 5 Million Sold!
The Nursing 2011 Drug Handbook with Online Toolkit, the newest edition of the drug guide trusted by practicing nurses and nursing students for over 30 years, is what you need to keep your patients safe and your drug knowledge current.
Comprehensive coverage of over 3,300 generic and trade name drugs - including new monographs for 39 new FDA-approved drugs - put the drug information you need at your fingertips. Organized by therapeutic class AND alphabetical index, with over 1,300 drug information updates, this handbook helps you prevent drug errors and administer medications safely and accurately.
Putting the focus on patient safety
Patient safety is your number one priority, and the Nursing 2011Drug Handbook is packed with need to know drug safety tools and information, including:
Online drug information and resources ... just a click away!
- detailed drug monographs that include pronunciation, pharmacologic class, pregnancy risk category, controlled substance schedule, available forms, indications and dosages, administration (with I.V. incompatibilities), action, adverse reactions, interactions, effects on lab test results, contraindications and cautions, nursing considerations, and patient teaching
- Tall Man lettering to identify select FDA-designated sound-alike generic drug names
- an Overdose Signs & Symptoms symbol that identifies signs of possible overdose appendices on proper drug administration and interactions.
- FDA Black Box warnings
- Safety Alert! labels for drugs that present heightened avoidable dangers for the patient or nurse
- Alert logos to help avoid common medication errors
- a Safe Drug Administration chapter with best practices for error prevention
The Handbook's Online Toolkit is a powerhouse of valuable tools that promote drug safety and enhance your nursing knowledge, including:
- full monographs for the 200 most commonly prescribed drugs
- drug safety and administration videos
- nursing process information for all drugs included in the text
- mechanisms of action information
- patient-teaching handouts
- dosage calculator, audio drug pronunciation guide, and much more!