4.5 X 7.5
Stock #: 11-12000
ISBN : 978-1-60913-234-7
The comprehensive nursing drug guide for nurses and students - endorsed by the Canadian Nursing Students' Association (CNSA-AEIC)!
2011 Lippincott's Nursing Drug Guide with Web Resources, the newest edition of this trusted drug reference, is now updated with more than 1,200 additions and changes to provide the most accurante information available.
This comprehensive drug guide incorporates the nursing process to provide extensive medication information, with complete monographs on 800 common drugs - including 15 new drugs - and appendices that summarize key information on about 350 less commonly used drugs. Organized alphabetically by generic drug name for fast access to the information you need, this resource helps you prevent drug errors and administer medications safely and accurately.
The information you need - when you need it!
- The 2011 Lippincott Nursing Drug Guide offers: More than 1,200 new additions, changes, and updates on indications,dosages, and administration
- Complete monographs containing generic and trade names, pronunciations, pregnancy risk category, controlled substance schedule (if appropriate), drug classes, therapeutic actions, indications, contraindications and cautions, available forms, dosages, pharmacokinetics, IV facts (if appropriate), adverse effects, interactions, nursing considerations (including assessment, interventions, teaching points).
- A new graphic alert symbol for drugs that cannot be crushed, cut, or chewed
- A 32-page full-color photo guide to pills and capsules
- Icons identifying dangerous drugs and new indications
- Interactions by drug-drug, drug-food, drug-lab tests, and drug-alternative therapy
- Best practices on disposal of medications (appendix)
- Patient teaching to prevent medication errors (appendix)
- Mini-monographs on over 200 less commonly used drugs (appendix)
- Canadian drug information, including adverse reaction reporting, and a list of Canada Vigilance Regional Offices (appendix)
- On the companion website - NEW drug information and resources!200 drug monographs
- Continuing education tests
- Patient-teaching aids
- Reference tools