Our experts track regulatory and coding changes to bring you a premier code reference that meets all your professional coding needs. The 2008 ICD-9-CM Professional for Hospitals, Volumes 1, 2 & 3 includes new features designed to simplify the Severity of Illness issue. Work smarter with our hallmark color coding and intuitive symbols and integrate coding and reimbursement into a single task.
- New Feature! All the hallmark features of the Ingenix editions — Plus! Chapter by chapter, detailed clinical and coding information with coding scenarios for all the new codes adopted for 2009 —designed to make training and referencing the code changes a snap.
- New Feature! Hospital Acquired Condition Alerts. Know which conditions when not present upon admission will not impact DRG assignment.
- Severity of Illness Alerts. Severity of Illness Alerts. All the new classes of CC and MCC that will dramatically affect reimbursement are identified.
- CC and MCC Condition Symbol with Principal Diagnosis Exclusions. Quickly identify co morbidities and complications that affect DRG assignment and with which PDx the condition will not affect DRG assignment.
- AHA’s Coding Clinic for ICD-9-CM References. Provides the essential official coding advice that every coder in the health care setting must follow for ICD-9-CM.
- Color-Coded Symbols and Alerts. Identifies major cardiovascular condition, additional digit, adjunct code, DRG, HIV major related diagnosis, major complication, complex diagnosis and Medicare as secondary payer.
- Diagnosis Medicare Code Edits (MCE) Alerts. Alerts for unacceptable PDx, questionable admission PDx, age, sex, CC/MCC, hospital acquired conditions (HAC), major HIV related conditions and manifestation codes.
- Procedure Medicare Code Edit Alerts. Indicator for valid OR procedures, non-covered, limited coverage, non-operating room procedures affecting DRG assignment, procedures, bilateral edits and sex edits.
- Coding Efficiency and Accuracy. Definitions, illustrations, hallmark color coding and intuitive symbols integrate coding and reimbursement into a single task.
- HIPAA Code Set Compliance. Official code set, complete coding guidelines and AHA’s Coding Clinic for ICD-9-CM references improve coding accuracy, work efficiency and HIPAA compliance.
- Earn 1 Continuing Education Unit Per Scenario from the American Academy of Professional Coders.